stuff I'd like to get
I have an Amazon
wishlist too. Might be a good place to look.
Lately I've been enjoying music toys, video games, socializing, and generally
trying new things. But something practical/useful would be just as good as
- Make a donation in my name to the Free Software Foundation or the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- Take me to a movie, coffee, concert, lunch, etc...
- A nice pocket knife; Spyderco or similar. Bonus points if it's
weighted to open via inertia with a flick of the wrist. I'm fidgety and that's
kind of a fun way to fidget.
- Massages are always nice.
- An unlocked (or Sprint) Linux-based phone, such as the Motorola Droid,
Nokia n900, or Nexus.
- Vash sunglasses: circular yellow lenses, with a zig-zag on the side of the frame.
- Comics you think I might like.
- A glass surface for my desk
- Zubbles: Colored bubbles
- A compact zoom camera: Canon SX200 IS (12MP, 12X optical, pocket-sized)
Music and Sound
- A cracklebox. Here's one type of cracklebox...
and a video
showing a short demo of it. Or here's a video of a nice
- A nice microphone and a short cable to connect it to a 1/4" stereo jack.
- A Drawdio -- a pencil circuit
which lets you draw
music. (it makes sense if you watch the video(s)) ($18)
- Korg Kaossilator Pro. ($300-$400)
- MicroKORG XL keyboard ($500).
- Korg nanoKONTROL device ($50), to control all the virtual knobs and sliders in a soft synth.
- Some way to hold all my music gear to make it easier to use. A
floating desk would be ideal, but we don't have hoverboards yet.
- Double bass drum pedal. (~$150)
- Misc cables / connectors... ask me for details.
- Wii ($199?)
- Playstation 3 ($299?)
- A 1080p display to use with a Playstation 3 ($100-$200)
- Playstation 2 ($130?)
- Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition (for PS2)
- Bayonetta (for PS3)
- Airzooka ($13)
- They have lots of other neat stuff too, but I'm far from familiar with the whole catalog.
Stuff I already received
In case this helps give you any ideas, here are some things I already got and liked:
Last changed on November 30, 2013 @ 5:41 MST
Some nice headphones, such as Sony MDR-7506 or MDR-V700 or MDR-V6. ($60-$100)
A Korg Kaossilator KO-1
A Korg Kaoss Pad 3 (KP3)
Nokia n810 Linux-based "internet tablet"
A wooden recorder (sounds much nicer than plastic).(thanks, mom!)
Electric drum set -- the type with touch-sensitive pads that can be
reprogrammed with various sounds, preferably with midi output and
user-definable sounds. The "ddrum 4" or "ddrum 4 se" is pretty nice. (~$2500)
(done: thanks, me!) Portable music (mp3/ogg) player.
Canon Powershot SD700
Canon Powershot S1 IS
IBM 31P9490 Keyboard to replace my current Happy Hacker + Cirque Easycat devices
Green laser pointer (thanks, mom/dad!)
head lamp: Petzl Zipka Plus
A nice water bottle (Nalgene or similar).
Small refrigerator/freezer I could use at work.
A taco stand (or two) to keep tacos from falling over. (thanks, mom/dad!)
Kill-a-watt power measurement device. ($30, thinkgeek)
Nintendo DS Lite
M3 homebrew card for the Nintendo DS
Diskwars strategy game pieces.
A tripod, or similar camera-holding device.
Transmetropolitan. (thanks for 4-10, trae!)
Books by Carol Berg (thanks, trae!)
"Monsters" TV show DVDs (especially "The Moving Finger" episode) (found online, and ... wow, the show is worse than I remembered :)
One Pound Bag o' Thinking Putty:
Like silly putty, but better.
I like all the weird colors: bronze, silver, oil slick, electric
green, lilac, scarab, lava, sunburst, amethyst, twilight, and all of the
Invader Zim DVDs. I think there are 3 DVDs plus an extras disc.
They all fit into a special box modelled after Zim's house, which is
available either empty (~$20, with the extras disc),
or full (~$90, 4 discs total).
(done: thanks Shmoo & Chuck!) Shaolin Soccer DVD
Fingerworks TouchStream keyboard. (~$330)
(note 2005-08: D'oh. Fingerworks died. That'll make it much harder to find a touchstream)
DVD writer. (I found a nice one for only $38)
done: (thanks, Willfe!) DVD+R media. Preferably, in spools of 50.
CDR media. Preferably, in spools of 50. I've been using Memorex ones
lately, without any fancy colors.
done: multimeter / voltimeter
Two 512MiB RAM sticks for my notebook.
Large hard drive for my notebook.
Sharp Zaurus 5500 (done: thanks, me!)
Palm Pilot (done: I bought myself a m500)
(done: thanks, galen!) Grab bag (or two) of magnets:
(plus, magnetic field viewing sheet).
These guys have lots of neat magnets. The 3/4" spheres are
especially fun. But the grab bag is pretty neat too. I'm also
interested in a few 1/4" spheres, a lot of 3/16" cubes, and some
small oblong box-shaped magnets.
(done: thanks, trae!) Liquid ferrofluid:
Done (thanks, mom/dad!): A binary clock would be pretty neat.
Done: A foam pillow. Mine is really, really old and getting flat.
Done: GNU sticker to cover up the logo on my notebook.
TV-B-Gone. Turns off almost any TV. (thanks, trae!)
(done: thanks a bunch, trae!) Unicycle
done: Good NiMH batteries. (probably some powerex ones from
(done: thanks, mom/dad!) Ionic air purifier.
seems to be relatively cheap/effective. ($60-$80)
"Cuddle Pillow". Big soft cylinder.. About $8 at Mervyn's..?
Nice headphones.. either one which wraps around behind the head, or which
has over-ear pieces not connected to each other. A good durable cable
is a BIG plus, too. (done: thanks, me!)
AA and AAA NiMH batteries (Nexcell or Maha, highest mAH they sell),
8-bit tie ($20)
Doctor Who's Sonic Screwdriver ($15)
Anthropomorphizer stickers ($4)
Magnetic fridge pins ($5)
Ice glasses ($8)
"Uber Orbs" oblong, chirping magnetoids.
(done: thanks, Liz!) Bike tail light.. the kind which flashes, and is powered by the
back wheel... or perhaps a flashing battery-powered LED light.
(done: Thanks, trae!)
Forever Flashlight. No batteries; just shake it to charge it up!
Power only lasts for 5 minutes, but that is no problem if you shake